Common Kindle Fire Issues
The Kindle Fire device by Amazon is a great device and readers have loved this device, making it one of the favorite android tablets. Since its initial launch the Kindle fire have gone through numerous upgrades. Here we are discussing some of the technical issues with kindle fire and we have selected some of the most common issues with the Kindle Fire HD that the end user may come across. Along with these issues we will discuss some of the recommended kindle support solutions one can try to resolve these issues. This guide offers a basic kindle fire troubleshooting and all solutions may not apply to your device specific problem is some scenarios and Kindle users are requested to reach kindle Fire support or dial kindle support number for quick resolution.
Sometimes your kindle fire may simply refuse to power on, boot up or can freeze up when starting up Kindle Fire HD. These errors can be frustrating if problem is frequent, but can be fixed by trying below kindle Fire support troubleshooting steps.
The First step is to hold down the power button for 20 seconds to reboot the device and then hit the power button to turn it back on. This may clear out any cache or software glitches that are hampering the normal startup of your kindle fire.
If the above steps fails to resolve issue, please press down the power button for 20 seconds or until the device is completely off, then connect the device power adapter or the charger and press the power button again to turn it on. Please make sure the device battery is charged for 30 minutes in case it is low or device is not turning on after low battery shutdown. Always remember that reboot or power cycle fixes these issues most of the time. Once your device is up, look for any pending updates and run the kindle fire updates if required.
It can also be a hardware causing such kindle fire issues and in that case reach kindle support number for repairs.
Micro SD cards are used for external memory and sometimes your kindle fire HD may show some issues with the Fire tablet not able to recognize the Micro SD card. Your important device content on the Micro SD card becomes inaccessible intermittently and sometimes permanently. Here are few kindle fire support recommended steps you try.
To begin with this kindle fire troubleshooting, hold down the power button for 40 seconds for the force reset. Connect kindle fire to your WiFi and wait for update, the device will automatically download and install any available updates. If there is any issue with updates, try installing the updates manually using your PC or look for updates by visiting the Amazon Kindle software update page.
Second step is to, power off kindle fire device and remove the Micro SD card. Afterward, reinsert the SD card carefully and see if it gets recognized.
You can try looking in the Settings > Storage > SD Card options and toggling some content categories. However, they should be on for the MicroSD card by default.
You can also verify if your card is working or no by removing the MicroSD card, and insert it into your PC or laptop. IF it si getting detected, means the card is working and back up your files and format the card. Still if issue is not fixed contact kindle helpline for further diagnostics
Unexplained battery drain is one of the major issues users of Kindle Fire face. Many have lodged complaints on Amazon forum about their battery miraculously running down even not in use. Battery related kindle fire issues are frequent when device gets little old as every battery has a life cycle and according to your usage it may end differently. Try these steps and if you still experience the issues dial kindle support number 1-818-697-9818 for further device diagnostics or reach Amazon device support page by clicking here.
Possible causes of battery drain.
1. Your battery could be draining as a result of an app being installed. Background processes of some apps cause the battery to drain without the users consent or knowledge.
2. Wireless connectivity. Once your Kindle Fire is connected to Wi-Fi, it begins to access files from the internet therefore causing it to run either foreground or background. Certain apps may automatically start to update, which all cause the battery to drain.
3. Screen brightness also causes the battery to drain. The amount of light the screen produces can determine the rate at which the battery drains. High screen brightness means high battery drain.
Kindle Fire support Recommendations
1. When suspect an usual battery drain, press and hold power button for 40 seconds or more until it restarts. (This usual kill all foreground and background processes which may be causing the battery to drain.
2. You can manually force close apps which are running background. You could go to Settings > Apps & Games > Manage All Applications and check if some apps are malfunctioning. If still the problem isn’t saved, you can opt for a factory reset which wipes everything including hidden activities which drain the battery. But before any factory reset, make sure all important files are backed up first.
3. When your device isn’t in use, you can decide to shut it down to save energy. Hold down the power button until the Power off box pops up and then tap OK.
4. In cases where you don’t want to shut down the device, you can turn on the airplane mode to block all wireless connections which also drain battery. To turn on the airplane mode, pull down the notification shade and tap to turn on Airplane mode.
5. Genuinely,if you want to save power and stop your battery from draining, you should turn on Low Power Mode. Although it will dim your display, it will stop all background processes and also prevent battery drain.
Many kindle fire also have issues with their Kindle Fire not restarting or kindle fire wont go past the logo. Thus,anytime they restart their device, it gets stuck when it reaches the logo and no amount of restart will bypass the logo.
Below are few possible recommendations by kindle fire support to solve this problem:
1. This problem could be caused by little, or no power left in the battery. Simply plug your tablet into a charger and leave it charging for 15 minutes or more. While still plugged in, press and hold the power button until it restarts and see if it works normally.
2. Try plugging it into your computer and see if the device is recognized. If it doesn’t, your device could have developed a little fault
3. If the kindle fire issues still persists, you would have to perform a factory reset. and if it fails to resolve issue dial kindle support number.
“An internal error occurred”message usually shows up when trying to load certain apps and is one of common Kindle Fire issues. Some apps are unable to be loaded due to lack of connectivity. When trying to connect, make sure you have good network connection.
1. Ensure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi network. (Make sure airplane mode is off)
2. Make sure that the date and time are correct by swiping down from the top and tapping More > Date and Time
3. Try deregistering your Kindle Fire HD by swiping down from the top and tapping More > My Account > Deregister. Now register it again and see if that worked.
4. Swipe down from the top of the screen and tap More > Applications > Installed Applications and find the app that won’t load. Tap Force Stop and OK, then tap Clear Data and tap OK. Contact Kindle fire support if you need further help or you can Dial Kindle support number for over the phone assistance.
You might have tried connecting your Kindle Fire HD tablet to your PC and have encountered many challenges. It’s either it doesn’t show on the computer as a drive or the message “The device has either stopped responding” keeps showing. This has made it difficult to drag and drop files.
1. First, try to restart both your Kindle Fire and your computer.
2. Try to reconnect using a different USB cable
3. Try connecting through a different USB port.
4. Ensure Media Transfer Protocol Porting Kit is installed.
If you can’t connect your Kindle Fire HD to your computer via USB, use an app like Dropbox to wirelessly transfer files. Reach Kindle fire support for advance diagnostics for kindle for pc connection issue.
Battery/power related problem is an issue frequently raised with kindle fire support. Problems encompasses around complete refusal to charge, to a partial charge, to a very slow charge. Remember that USB charging is very slow and takes up to 13 hours to fully charge your Kindle Fire HD tablet.
1. Make sure you are using the cable that you got with your Kindle Fire HD. If you didn’t buy the Amazon Kindle PowerFast for Accelerated Charging you need to check the rating on the charger, a full charge should usually take up to 4 hours
2. If the charger doesn’t charge your device, try the charger with another device. If it doesn’t charge the other device, then you know the problem isn’t from your device.
3. Kindle fire issues with charging may be because of the device loose charging port, and if that’s the case, you’ll have to contact Amazon and get a replacement.
The pre-installed Silk browser is criticized for being slow and for an unfortunate tendency to freeze and crash a lot. If you encounter problems, you might not be the first. Below are few ways around the use of the app.
1. If patent control is on, silk browser won’t start. You can check in Settings > Parental Controls.
2. If apps keeps crashing, Go to Settings > Applications > Manage All Applications and then choose All Applications > Silk Browser and tap Clear data and try reopening the app.
3. If silk browser seems to be slow, Try an alternative browser like the Dolphin Browser. You can also reach kindle fire support for more help in this case. For more complicated Kindle fire issues, dial kindle support number for more assistance.
If you can’t get sound through speakers on Kindle fire ? Here may be why and how to solve them and if u believe it is the hardware issue simply dial kindle support number for repairs. Following are few steps recommended by Kindle fire support for sound related kindle fire issues.
1. Start by trying the volume rocker on the side of the tablet and check in Settings > Display & Sounds to find out if sound is disabled.
2. When you unplug your headphones when the tablet is asleep, it erroneously thinks your headphones are still plugged in and doesn’t play sound through the speakers. Try restarting your device and see if it solves the problem.
3. Some cases have a cut-out for the headphone jack, but it may be too small, try removing the case from your device and insert the headphone into the device again.
4. Also, your device might have picked a fault or two which is causing the speaker not to function. Try contacting Amazon Kindle support, if necessary.
Kindle fire issues: Screen flickering? This could be caused by the device automatic brightness being enabled. The amount of light that the brightness sensor receives determines the screen brightness. If the sensors function is tempered either by a cover or mechanical issues, the screen starts to flicker. For any physical damage or spills related issues just contact kindle fire support or dial kindle support number for device warranty coverage.
1. Remove case or cover from the device which might be tempering with the sensor.
2. Try to deactivate auto-brightness
3. Restart your Kindle Fire HD tablet and check if it solves the problem. Else Reset your kindle fire before you reach Amazon device support or Kindle fire support.